- 1½ cups bone broth or stock (make sure there’s no added sugar!)
- Red Boat Fish Sauce (optional)
- 1 cup greens, thinly sliced (e.g. spinach, chard, bok choy)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup leftover Kalua Pig, crisped in a pan (see previous IG post)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Hot chili peppers, thinly slicedMethod:
1) In a small saucepan, bring your bone broth to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Flavor it with salt and/or fish sauce to taste.
2) Add the greens to the broth and cook until tender.
3) Crack the egg in a small bowl and season with a few additional drops of fish sauce and a pinch of salt. Whisk well with a fork.
4) Remove the bone broth from the heat and stir the soup as you slowly pour in the whisked egg. The egg should cook on contact with the hot liquid even though you’ve removed the saucepan from the heat. The eggs should be soft and wispy rather than overcooked and chunky.
5) Transfer the soup to a bowl.Source: