Rigatoni with Balsamic Tomato Basil Sauce Ingredients:
(for 2 portions)
- 200 gr Rigatoni (or any pasta you like)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp of balsamic creme
- 4-5 tbsp of water
- 1/2 Cup of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated ParmesanHow to make it:
1. Cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes in a pot filled with water and a good pinch of salt. (Keep about 1/2 Cup of the pasta cooking water for later)
2. Start with the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
3. Put the minced garlic in a pan with Olive oil.
4. After about 30 seconds put in the tomatoes and cook them until they get soft for about 5 Minutes.
5.Now mix in the balsamic creme, water, fresh basil and the seasonings and let it cook for 5 more Minutes.
6. Drain the pasta (save 1/2 Cup of the cooking water) and mix it with the sauce.
7. Use the cooking water to make the pasta and the sauce more luscious.
8. Garnish it with grated Parmesan and fresh basil leaves.Recipe and Photo Source: sara.say